Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on RTI
Below are few useful links on how to file an RTI:
A detailed guide on the RTI Act published by the Department of Personnel & Training under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions in October, 2009 can be accessed from here.
Other useful explanation of the RTI mechanism is available here.
List of Public Information Officers (PIOs)
The Government Official Portal of RTI has (on the menu on the left side, scroll down to “How do I find”- this contains links for lists of PIOs of Central and State governments)
- Central Public Information Officers & Appellate Authorities of Union Government
- Central Public Information Officers & Appellate Authorities of Indian Parliament
- Central Public Information Officers & Appellate Authorities of Indian Embassies
- Links to Official Websites and RTI pages of Union Government, All Ministries, All Departments & State Governments
- Links to Central Information Commissions (CIC), its recent decisions, causelist & status of appeals
- Links to State Information Commissions (SICs)
Sample RTI Applications